The Nîmes Metropole area, like the Occitanie Region, contributes to medical progress and is rising to the challenge of the silver economy. In the midst of key actors on the international economic scene, Nîmes, with its unique geographical positioning, participates in the development of entrepreneurial projects, from the seed stage to the deployment of their ambitious strategy. Start-ups, micro-enterprises, SMEs and large groups constitute a dense network of emulation within an area invested in and facilitating the competitiveness of its Health and Silver Economy sectors of excellence. Medical devices, digital and connected healthcare, medical imaging and ageing well all find in Nîmes a favourable environment for their development: technological platforms, living laboratory, incubators, universities and university hospitals, etc.
An ecosystem conducive to innovation and development
The Nîmes Métropole area benefits from an ecosystem conducive to business creation, innovation and development. This can notably be explained by the presence of numerous actors in the value chain forming a coherent and collaborative whole.
In Nîmes, project leaders in the fields of healthcare, medical devices and the silver economy can:
- benefit from a dense support network (incubators, entrepreneurial networks, etc.), including several competitiveness clusters.
- integrate a business park conducive to their expansion
- Encourage innovation and the emergence of new projects through the use of technological platforms and facilities
- the Institute for the Evaluation of Medical Devices (Institut d’évaluation du DIspositif médicaL, IDIL), University Hospital of Nîmes;
- the Centre for the Evaluation of Medical Devices related to Disability (Centre d’Evaluation des Dispositifs Médicaux liés au handicap, CEDM H), University Hospital of Nîmes;
- the SIMHU simulation-based teaching platform, University Hospital of Nîmes;
- the ARAMAV (institute specialised in the field of low vision and retinal implants);
- the Mediterranean Institute of Longevity Professions (Institut Méditerranéen des Métiers de la Longévité, i2ml) Living Lab for ageing well;
- the analytical techniques platform of the CHROME research team, University of Nîmes (environmental isotopic geochemistry facilities);
- the BIOTECH platform, University of Nîmes (Carmes site);
- The Batim’Handicap, IUT of Nîmes
Teaching, research and vocational training
The Nîmes conurbation has made higher education, vocational training, research and innovation a priority area for intervention.
Whether for your employees or yourself, discover the full range of training courses available in the area, by speciality or diploma/degree, via the “schools and grandes écoles” platform.
Actions throughout the year
The Openîmes Economic Development Agency, at the service of the Nîmes Metropole area and its stakeholders in the healthcare and silver economy sectors, carries out actions conducive to the development of its companies. These include the Medical Device Day, the spring meeting of the Journées Francophones de Radiologie, themed afterwork events, presence and representation at national and international trade fairs, sector structuring projects, and more.
The aim is to bring together all stakeholders (researchers, engineers, start-up entrepreneurs, business leaders, experts, funders and healthcare professionals) to promote cross-fertilisation through exchanges and meetings, support the emergence of new projects, and open up new avenues and partnerships.rencontres, soutenir l’émergence de nouveaux projets, ouvrir de nouvelles voies et partenariats.
Expertise and support from the Openîmes Agency
From design to post-market assessment, regulatory registration, manufacturing and marketing, all the links in the value chain of the bio-medical industry are present in Nîmes.
Healthcare and silver economy companies will find in Nîmes the resources and support they need for their development.
The Openîmes Métropole Economic Development Agency is your partner of choice to meet stakeholders, identify your business partners, anticipate and carry out your establishment in the area, and promote your activities.For more information
Actors and companies in the sector
The companies in the sector were either created in the Nîmes Metropole area or have since settled here. Whether start-ups or long-established companies, they have sometimes strengthened their presence in the area, convinced by an economic development strategy and encouraged by an attractive and controlled business property policy, with the associated infrastructures.